Wednesday, November 25, 2015

And Away We Go

Today Angela and Tom and I are on the road to Austin, where we'll spend Thanksgiving.  Allen is going to prepare us a meal, since he says he's the best cook.  He's right as far as I'm concerned, but Angela's an excellent cook.  She's willing to let Allen do all the work, though.  As for me, I'm taking a can of cranberry sauce.  As Homer Simpson says, the best kind of cranberry sauce is the kind that's shaped like the can.  I won't be back until late Friday afternoon, so I probably won't be doing any e-mailing or responding to comments on the blog.  I've scheduled stuff for each day, so the blog will hum along just fine without me.  I'll see you on the flip-flop.

9 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving, Bill!

Rick Robinson said...

Enjoy! I bought cranberry-orange relish at the local up-market market, and that, plus a frozen apple pie are my contributions. Plus I carve the bird and clean up the kitchen afterward.

Cap'n Bob said...

I'm going to buy a few extra cans of jellied cranberry sauce today. Linda never gets enough. Have a nice meal and visit.

Jerry House said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Bill!

Jeff Meyerson said...

Glad you will be together for Thanksgiving. Have a good one.

Jackie is making her Cranberry Jell-O mold with walnuts and crushed pineapple. Good stuff., and it complements the turkey and stuffing.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Travel safe and Happy Thanksgiving to you and the clan.

Scott Cupp said...

Holiday wishes to you, Allan, Angela and Tom. Thinking of you all this weekend. Enjoy the food. And my favorite cranberry sauce is the one still in the can and opn the shelves of the store.

James Reasoner said...

I hope it's an excellent Thanksgiving. I like cranberry sauce quite a bit, although I'm more of a turkey and mashed potatoes kind of guy.

Deb said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Take care.